Thursday, May 17, 2012

Final Thoughts

Looking back over everything we have covered in this course, I realize that the two projects I initially dreaded at the start of the semester are the two that I found the most enjoyable. I remember seeing the photoshop and html assignments listed on the syllabus and  thinking to my self, "Oh boy. Those are gonna be difficult." And while they were challenging, they were also very rewarding and required both technical and artistic skill -- a combination that I enjoy. Those two projects are the ones that I am most proud of and that leave me with the greatest sense of accomplishment. While I was disappointed that we didn't cover editing in the course, I found both the photoshop and web design assignments to share many of the same principles of editing -- again, a combination of both technical and artistic skill. I also enjoyed the various blog assignments that required me to exercise my analytic skills. And I have this course to thank for getting me to finally visit the Museum of the Moving Image, something I have been meaning to do for years. So it's so long, Film/Media 150. Thanks for all the challenges. It's been rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment